Sustainable Business Model
The integrated clientcentric business model of Sberbank takes into account the interests of all stakeholders. In its activities, the Bank focuses on long-term sustainable development by using the Run-Change-Disrupt approach.
Today, the business model of Sberbank is geared toward meeting the basic financial needs of clients, but over time it will also integrate the offers of nonfinancial services. The latest technologies significantly alter the way clients communicate with the Bank, and in the long run this will change the very nature of the Bank as a financial institution – the Bank is evolving from being a financial transaction provider into a platform for interacting with clients where financial services are just a part of the offering. To compete for clients, the Bank will uphold the required level of loyalty among its client base, which means that the strategies for specific business areas will be adjusted in accordance with this task. Empathy and design thinking are the most crucial foundational elements for developing future business models of client relations. The integration of new approaches to client data processing (including Big Data) will allow the Bank to apply the “mass customization” of its offers to all client categories.
Read more about Sberbank’s strategy on "The Strategy and Its Implementation"
The Sberbank Business Model: a Clientcentric Ecosystem
To achieve the highest performance possible, Sberbank operates in three modes
Stakeholder Engagement Principles
- The bank that acts as a partner always ready to help each client on finance-related issues.
- The bank that is continuously improving to make its clients happy.
- The bank that values each client.
- The bank that can be trusted.
- The bank that is an exciting place to work at.
- The bank where employees are given opportunities to develop, and where professionals want to be employed.
- The bank where employees feel they are actively involved in all processes.
- The bank that values its employees and takes care of them.
- The bank that offers its employees respectable financial benefits and social status.
Society and the State
- The Russian bank actively involved in the development of the global financial system.
- The leading bank, a pillar of the national financial system and foundation for national growth and prosperity.
- An active contributor to the economic and social development of each region, town, or city.
- The responsible bank conscious of the implications brought about by its decisions and actively investing to increase the public’s financial awareness and culture.
- The bank with proactive staff.
- The bank committed to high corporate governance standards and operating on the principles of openness, transparency, and predictability.
- The bank that is actively implementing high standards of social responsibility.
- The leader of the national banking sector aiming to maximize shareholder value.
- The bank that consistently pursues a reasonable and professional approach to risks.