Integrated risk management
The integrated risk management process includes five main stages:
- Identification of the Group’s risks and assessment of their materiality. The goal of this stage is to identify all material risks that affect the Group’s activities.
- Developing of material risk management systems. The goal of this stage is to allocate risk management functions of the group among officials, units, collegial bodies of Sberbank, and other Group members and to form (update) a methodological framework governing the management of such risk.
- Planning the risk exposure level of the Group. The goal of this stage is to define the target level of risks for the Group by taking into account the risk metrics in the business plan of the Group and Group members.
- Risk appetite setting for the Group and Group members. The goal of this stage is the approval by the Supervisory Board of Sberbank of the maximum permissible level of risks that the Group has the right to assume as well as the formation of a system of limits and restrictions that make it possible to meet the established Group risk appetite.
- Overall risk exposure management . The goal of this stage is to ensure that the level of the Group’s risks is consistent with the target values.